Development of a complete suite of software to process data obtained via NGS (Illumina) – Assembly of whole genome of Organelles, Data mining and SNP analysis on Targeted gene subsets.
Geneius Laboratories Ltd. have developed a reputation in the food, beverage and dairy industries as a high quality, innovative, solution driven testing partner with market leading technical capability described as ‘cutting edge’ by both customers and competitors. This reputation is extensively driven through the expertise and technical excellence associated with investigative DNA analysis using the MicroID and MicroST (MLST) platforms. The extensive knowledge and expertise that Geneius have developed around these platforms supports our position as the UK Market leader in Investigative Microbiology using bespoke DNA analysis. www.geneuislabs.com
The Project outline
The winning provider will work with Geneius Labs on the design and delivery of the project which will require a two phase approach:
- 1 The suite of software should be capable of processing large amount of data (5Gb-200Gb) with minimum computational power requirement (average spec – off the shelf laptop)
- 2 High degree of versatility in file format (fastq, abi etc.) usable for input at assembly process and data mining processes
- 1 Creation of friendly graphical user interface to stream line and ease the accessibility to the complete suite/tool.
- 2 Great degree of adaptability / consultancy between the parties, as the project is likely to evolve during its progression. Transfer of product knowledge will be required and standard operating procedure to be established.
How to respond
Please develop a proposal around the criteria cited around the full project brief [which can be requested via email from email@example.com ].
Proposals to be received no later than 5:00pm Monday 13.02.2017. If you have any questions regarding this tender opportunity please contact Ian Howe at the same email address. The deadline for questions is 30.01.2017.
Please include the following in your response:
- An overview of the company/individual submitting the proposal
- Detail on how you will deliver the required specification
- Timescales for development
- At least two examples of relevant work you have carried out
- Price structure
How we will select a provider.
We will use the following criteria to select a provider for this work:
|Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing application development||40%|
|Quality of proposal against tender specification||20%|
|Value for Money||20%|
|Ability of company/individual||20%|
Due Diligence; you will be required to:
- Requests for further details will only be given to providers who can demonstrate experience in Next Generation Sequencing applications
- Sign an NDA
- Sign a contract that ensures that all IP will be sign over to Geneius Laboratories Ltd
- Undertake a PQQ process in line with our funders